Wishes 2011/2012

VincentCuclair

Question

Here's a couple wishes/fixes that I've gathered that need to be implemented, I guess 2011 will come out in a couple of weeks so if these are not already implemented then 2012 will be fine:

1- PIO visibility options: stairs, windows, doors etc. must be able to be visible on more than 1 story (DL) with different 2D symbols.

2- PIO visibilty options: windows, doors etc. must be able to have different attribute settings in plans, sections/elevations.

3- Leaning Walls

4- Oval/Elliptical walls

5- Overall stability!!!

6- Multi core 64 Bit support

7- Archicad import/export

8- Chain dimension import/export DWG

9- DLVP of a DL in itself.

10- DLVP of live sektions/elevations

11- direct DLVP/SLVP of external DWGs etc. (no import first)

12- Better compatibility between versions.

13- Workspace selection at startup

14- Multiscreen capability

15- Make walls etc snappable for extend/trim lines etc.

16- Elevation/Section 2D symbol (like (Top/Plan) for hybrid symbols.

17- OIP>Render>Part> add an option for reverting all parts to overall.....

Edited by Vincent C

12 answers to this question

The movies showing the new features can be viewed on:

- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/vectorworks

- NV website: http://www.nemetschek.net/2011/new_features.php

Look for the ones which cover the feature you are interested in.

There is an Architosh interview here: http://tinyurl.com/ArchitoshInterviewVw2011

The new 2D/3D integration is very good and it will change the way people view and work in Vectorworks.

Edited by mike m oz
Can anyone confirm if 3d hatching --- specifically for wall, floor and roof surfaces --- is now supported in VW2011?

No. It's hatching to 2D planar objects. So if you want to display a hatch on a wall face you have to extract a planar object from the face and then apply the hatch to that. If you change the wall you also need to manually change the planar object.

... I stand corrected, what I of course should have written was hatching in 3D is possible but not 3D hatching, however it makes me wonder about what 3D hatching really is ( ?? a hatch that has depth?? :) ) and if it is at all possible.

What every one here is talking about is if it is possible to apply a hatch to 3D objects like we do with textures.....however if it was possible every plane on these objects is still 2D right ie. 2D hatches in 3D?

It makes you wonder also, now we can choose fill or gradient or pattern or hatch or tile (or texture)..... one wonders if these options somehow could be integrated to reduce the amount of different options however to retain the wide range of choice. All are basically based on some kind of pixel combination even the jpg images in textures....right?!

Edited by Vincent C

BRING BACK "Machine Design!"

Yeah, i now it's a hopeless case, but, you never know, there might be a sympathetic Engineer hiding in one of the Caretaker cupboards(Ooops! Sorry, i think that might be Janitor on the other side of the pond) out there in 'NaNALand".

Hope springs eternal and any other such coined expressions of desire . . . . . .

just in case you archies out there were not already aware or interested for that matter, it's been axed!

What can i say? :( :eek: :tired: :sick: :confused: :mad: :mad: :crazy: :mad:

But BRING BACK "Machine Design! Please? :)