VW Help not coming up after vw2010 install - iMac/os10.6.4

MTB

Question

I installed vw2010 and it works fine but there does not seem to be any vwhelp working. under the Vectorworks 2010 folder only have vwhelp folder no vextorworks 2010help at all. there are two items in the VWHelp folder - net.nemetschek.xml + VectorScript Reference(folder). need some direction on how to get VectorWorks 2010 Help working or installed. I installed 2010 from the DVD and then did the SP4 upgrade online download. Again the application is working fine just no Help files coming up.

7 answers to this question

I went to adobe and installed mac version of air.

I uninstalled vw2010 and re=-installed it then install sp4.

help is still not coming up. it says it can 'VWHelp' folder can not be located or has invalid data. says please contact technical help.

not sure what else to do at this point.

A little different in that i'm running VW on linux via wine but i had the same problem on my desktop. I worked around that by installing the native linux version of adobe air then on the VW install disc you'll find the file Vectorworks2010Help.air in the Adobe AIR Help System folder. Open that with the air application installer and you should be away.

At least that worked for me.

Matt