Opaque objects are transparent

In newly installed VW 9.5, Mac OS 9.1.

I find that objects do not conceal lines, textures or objects behind, either in the same layer or others. All layers are set to "paint" tranfer mode. I am working using an imported DWG file as a base for changes to the elevations.

Also, I cannot find or figure out how to import textures to my document. The manual refers to "opening a new file," but the process is not apparent to me.

quote:

Originally posted by jpolkcmpbl:
Also, I cannot find or figure out how to import textures to my document. The manual refers to "opening a new file," but the process is not apparent to me.

To import textures from other documents use theresource palette. There search for your file containing the textures, klick the 'enter' button on the top right and you'll see all Textures, symbols, hatches etc. listed which are part of this document. Select your texture(s) and klick the Import button.

HTH, Hannes

quote:

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:
I understand the no-fill for consistency's sake, but if one is in Plan mode -- not just Top view -- why not fill the 3D faces, as is done with walls?

The reason we draw 3D in wireframe in plan view is that there is no way to know which polygons to draw on top unless a rendering is done; rendering is essentially the step that determines which lines and polygons should be visible in that view. Walls (and other "hybrid" objects) have special 2D view constructed for them since they must show up in unrendered 2D drawings correctly.

Regards,Sean

• 2 weeks later...

To create a texture, just go to the resource palette, click the New button, choose Texture, and hit create. You then get a dialog that lets you design the texture.

You can also import an existing texture and modify it, which may save you some time.

Perhaps I misspoke: I meant to say I wanted to CREATE a new texture, not simply import an existing texture resource from one VW document to another. I am finding that information and help sources may not have caught up with VW 9.5 yet, so if anyone is working under the new environment and is havoing the same problem, what have you found for help? The manual is also based on VW 9 rather than 9.5!

The create texture method you describe is true in VW 9.1. However, as I mentioned, in VW Arch 9.5, the Resource palette doesn't have any buttons at all. There is no "New" "Find" or any other command in the palette.

My present solution is to open my file in 9.1, create the texture, close it and reopen it in 9.5. Has Nemenchek issued any comment on this new palette configuration and the way to use it?

Perhaps I should simply remove 9.5 and stick with the older program.