27" iMac icon size

I just got a 27" iMac and one issue is the size of the icons in all the tool pallets are too small. Is there a way to make all the VW 2010 icons in all the pallets be bigger ?

(I know I can change the resolution of the monitor, but that seems like defeating the purpose of the big monitor by reducing the pixel count)

1920 x 1080 ... I was very surprised too. I would have thought everything would look somehow grainy but it doesn't. Photo's appear to have the same clarity, even my desktop pic looks identical. I've had my son with far better eye's than me look at it and he agrees there is no loss in clarity of anything except the interface elements. The menus don't look quite as crisp but I'm prepared to accept that in exchange for being able to read them again.

OK, this is just my opinion, but to my eyes 1920 x 1080 looks horrible. Grainy and blurry and sort of like my Mac Plus from 20 years ago, except that there is color... But I probably sit too close my screen... The thing I like about the 27" screen is that I can view an entire D size drawing sheet at 75% of actual size. Changing the res also takes away that luxury.

You might be right actually Peter. When i first got this mac, even though the screen was far crisper than my previous 20", the menus and especially all the tools in VW, many of which were new to me as I updated from 11.5 at the same time, where impossible to decipher, far to small for my old eyes. But just now I've been playing with the resolutions and yes I have to agree, everything is crisper on full res. Even the smudges I've got forming in the top right of the screen ... I'll qualify my first post.

Although OSX isn't resolution independent yet but if the UI elements/text are too small for your old eyes, try changing your res settings, it won't be as crisp, however you may be able to read them without leaning forward ... I don't think the work space actually changes, you see what you see ...