How do I make a z-shaped stair using "new" stair tool in VW2010?

That's just the thing, Peter, the new stair tool doesn't seem to allow adding landings and flights like the old stair tool (now custom stair tool) did. It looks like I can only have straight, L, U, circular, and winder. I've considered trying to make it out of several separate stairs but I can't seem to get a stair that starts or ends with a landing.

Am I missing something about the new stair tool?

Right. I have discovered that (having been reminded by various folks). It's too bad that this capability does not exist. But then again, we do have the older stair tool if needed. Hard to imagine the range of complexities needed in these tools. I wish we (eventually) could have just one that contained all... Oh well... Sorry for the mislead.

As I thought - can't do it with the new stair tool.

I did model it with the old (custom) stair tool but it leaves a bit to be desired. The object, itself, is slow (takes time to regen when you move it,) the handrail is buggy, and the PIO seems to crash VW from time to time.

We really DO need a single, comprehensive stair tool that is quick and stable. I'm beginning to worry that we won't ever get one, though. Requests for a improvements to the stair tool date back to when Moses was a kid. I've been using VW since VW2008 and am now using VW2010. The stair (now custom stair) tool has only changed in minor ways in the last three versions of VW. It's still just as buggy and broken as it was in 2008 (and I suspect before that.)

I was encouraged when I heard that VW2010 would have a new stair tool. I was hoping for quite a bit more than we actually got. Instead of fixing the existing stair tool (which has several useful features - including the ability to link to layers and their heights,) NNA bought a third-party PIO and stuck it in the old stair tool's place. Each of the tools has it's strengths but each also has serious weaknesses. We need ONE tool that works well.

NNA, Please.