PDFs in OSX

I use the PPD from my HP 455 Ca and add it as a printer from the Print Manager. It allows me to set anything up to an E size sheet. You may be able to get the PPD from HP, I don't know.

But, I have had no trouble writing PDF's or Postscript files in OS 10.1.1 except it wont display pages in land scape mode. It always reverts to portrate in the PDF

HP is notorious for poor support of its devices under MacOS. We have a DesignJet 500 PS for which we needed a driver from Microspot in order to work reliably in VW 8.52 under OS9. OSX.1 doesn't list this plotter in its driver list, and the ppd we have still doesn't seem to allow the Print Centre to connect to the plotter. What DOES still work, to some extent, is the output to a postscript file, for large sheets. Only one or two of our workstations are running OSX, while the plotter's terminal is still on OS9. If you have a similar setup, or if you can start up your plotter's computer -- be it a separate machine or not -- in OS9, you can plot to a file in OSX, then plot that file in OS9.

HP currently has no plans for supporting a number of its plotters under OSX, but a reply from customer service at Microspot assured me that it would be releasing a number of HP drivers for OSX in January (2002).