My images are getting whacked! Clipping plane problem in OpenGL

kmckibben

Same issue here - Much to often - VW Tech support avoided calling it a Bug - I have reproduced it many times (submitted movie files to VW) I have noticed that the issue arrises when the drawing is rendered in Open GL and a group is selected and edited. The assumption: Problem is Open GL inside a group. Another potential item in the mix is the use of Symbols and / or groups of symbols.

Suggestion: When this "clipped screen" happens our norm is to save - close - quit - restart.

VW (Macintosh) appears to have memory based issues. If you keep your machine running (laptop or otherwise) we find that it is good to restart now and then. This clears up some of those gremlins that occur but are hard to pin down.

Peter

• 3 years later...

This problem happened to me. It appears it was related to just the file and some history within it. I copy and pasted the model to another file and the clipping plane glitches went away.

My hypothesis is that an earlier scaling of the model, in this case it was an imported pdf that's scale was off by a large factor, set the clipping plane of the 3D engine and even when deleted the erroneous clipping plane remained.