Label Legend and info Upside Down?

Dear Gentlemen of the VW forum--what have I done?

I'm still rather new at this--and I'm laying out VL2500 Spots and Washes along a truss and pipe Lighting Positions. As I'm doing it--some of the Label Legends and even the Symbol Information is 'reversed' or upside down! (???)

Am I clicking differently?

I am using the Field Template Vari*Lite VL-2500S & VL-2500W hybrid symbols. Yet the fonts are all in different directions. Not just the Wash or not just the Spot. Different ones in no particular order or balance--as far as I can discern.

What is different is that I have imported the Theatre DWG from AutoCAD into VW2010/SP3. And the pipes run up/down on the paper... basically SR is at the top and SL is at the bottom. (does this have something that is adding to the VW confusion?)

Much tracing over and creating my own drawing on top--and all are converted to Ligthting Positions

But as I place them--Some font is Right Reading some is Left Reading. Some is upside-down! This is not only for the Lable Legend information--but also the type that is noting the fixture-type from Field Template--which I didnn't know that it was changable/editable, etc.

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO THIS PROGRAM TO MAKE IT DO THIS?

Many thanx in advance... Preston

OH NO! Now all the Duplicate and Mirror insertions are 'backwards'.

I deleted the instruments and re-placed new ones and the same thing.

My answer was to "rotate" just one click off center and then all alighted itself.

This is not the 'right' thing--but it did work around it. Does anybody know 'why' my symbols are flipping the text? (including the text info within the symbol from Field Template)

Thx...

Is "Adjust flipped text" currently checked or unchecked? (Should be checked)

When you say the label legends are flipping around, do mean the labels (built w/ the label legend command) for channel unit number, universe, etc., or do you mean the text in the symbol - ie. "2500W"?

Hi Preston;

Steve Shelley here. i just got back online from a week in purgatory. and no internet.

sorry to hear your woes. if you can, send me a copy of your latest efforts and i'll see if i can deduce the problem. it sounds like there may be more than one issue at hand here. send it to shelley@fieldtemplate.com and i'll try to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible.

shelley