Section Markers do not display on SLVP and AIA Classes

Hello VW community,

I've been using VW as a 3D/2D hybrid for a few years, but I'm working on my first fully 3D model, and I'm having a problem displaying the Section and Elevation Markers on my Floor Plan Sheet Layer Viewports. They display fine on the model, and they produce great building sections and interior elevations, but I can't get the Section Markers to display or print. I have them on A-ANNO-SYMB class, but I forgot what class they were created on. I've moved them to A-ANNO-TEXT, A-ANNO-NOTE, A-ANNO-DIMS and it doesn't make a difference. They just don't display or print on my Sheet Layer Viewports. I've turned on all classes in the viewport and they just don't show up.

Also regarding the AIA Classes, I think many of the standard AIA Classes once available are now missing from the import classes dialog.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming that you want to see the section line in the viewport on a sheet layer...

Click on the SLVP you want the section line to appear in. In the OIP, click on the Data tab to get the viewport's name. Remember the name.

Click on the section viewport. In the OIP, click on the bottom button "Section Line Instances..."

In the top pulldown choose Viewports.

Click to the left of the viewport where you want the section line to appear.

OK

hth

mk

Peacefulness is more than I usually aspire to. But I don't have to deal w/ AIA classes

You can also create the sections in the sheet layer.

Select a VP (usually, but not necessarily, in top/plan mode). View>Create Section VP... draw the section line.

If the VP already has a drawing title w/ a number, it creates a section VP w/ a drawing title that references the originating VP and the sheet layer #.

Saves a lot of time.

peace

mk