Runtime errors -

One thing to look at is if you are using pattern fills or pattern frames for objects. Patterns, on Windows, can make a print file huge and take lots of memory. If you are using patterns on large objects try using a shade of gray or a hatch instead.

In addition I would strongly urge you to switch to XP or 2000. If you have the CPU power you will not regret it when working with VW.

How large are the files you are working with?

Can the runtime error be associated with any specific function within VW?

In the lower right hand corner of your screen by the clock is a series of icons, how many icons do you have?

The Visual C++ Runtime error is typically associated with the print setup and occassionally the page setup function. The files are not huge, typically between 2 & 3 MB. There are a few programs running in the background. Task Scheduler, Creative Audio Mixer, Cameo Viewer and Scanner detector. He has turned off Norton AV. We are printing to a XEROX 2230i large format printer. When the file is successful in going to the print que in tends to hang during spooling. The file size seems to jump to over 5 MB which I assume is related to the non-postscript printer we are using.

There could also be a conflict with one of those other applications that is running in the background or in the Systems Tray. I suggest turning off the programs in the systems tray that are not necessary. This may also free up some virtual memory that is required for VW to operate in a stable environment.

Also make sure you have the most recent drivers installed including video drivers, print drivers, CD-ROM drivers, etc. There could be a conflict with one of these drivers if they are older versions.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Katie ]