Random crashes when joining wall components

Why can't Nemetschek sort out the basics? For no apparent reason I keep getting crashes when trying to connect wall components. There seems to be no rhyme or reason - I can T-join the middle component for example, but when I try to L join the next component out CRASH! Bye bye work to date, hello to digging out back up files and redoing the last half hour....

These tools have been around long enough: they should work seamlessly and without fault.

Grump, grump, grumble....

Using 2009 on a MacBook Pro

I know the feeling and don't have advice on the wall joins (except to say we have more problems with files we converted from earlier versions), but perhaps a little advice on backup configuration. You don't need to lose 30 mins.

With the attached configuration we find we lose 0-5 minutes on average.

And a quick way to find the latest backup is to switch to List view in Finder and activate the Date Modified column.

We've all experienced similar issues over the years ...

when VW crashes it is trying to tell us something important about the structure of the file.

Stop ... what you are doing .. do not get angry ... do not play the blame game ...take a break.

Think about it ... losing your hard work sucks .. but so does a corrupted file.

Back-tracking has its benefits... and... of course... follow Christiaan's sage advise : )