Design Layer Locking

Linicks

Question

I would like to have an option to lock all the objects on a design layer so that I can ensure that I don't accidentally modify an object on another layer. This is especially important when I'm working in 3D. Currently I go to a design layer and lock/unlock all of the objects manually. If there was an option in the layer editor/manager to quickly toggle locking on each layer it would be a great productivity enhancement for my work flow. The nice thing about locking the objects is that they are there front and center to use while modeling(not grayed out etc.) without the fear of accidentally modifying them.

Thanks for considering this request!

2 answers to this question

I remember locked layers - that's an Autocad feature. It has its benefits, but I remember having to constantly fiddle with the layer list, locking and unlocking the other layers, just so that I don't accidentally change the non-current layers.

As Pat suggested, it's easier to have the Show/Snap Others layer option on. Another tip-- sometimes I group objects that I want to stay put. Walls and Floors are the hardest to keep in one place, because so many other things are on top of them.