Layers in 3D

Good evening, here's another one.

I guess it's reasonably basic but I haven't managed to figure it out so far. The windows do now work, by the way.

I've organized the building in 3 layers, one for each floor, to keep it tidy.

When I switch to views, be it flat elevations, axonometric or perspective view, it only displays one layer, despite all layers switched to show/snap/modify others. I then have to individually switch the other layers to the same view.

That's a bit tedious but manageable for elevations etc, but for perspectives, I'd have to set up the view separately in each layer?? what do you do if you've got a 22 floor building...?

On the image attched, the windows on ground and first floor are actually in the 2nd floor layer, just moved down along the Z axis. to have them all in one layer would work ok for views, but became a total mess in plan view, as they'd all be below each other.

Any help'd be much appreciated.

I've tried to set up a perspective view and noticed the following: whilst the 'hidden line' mode works in the individual layer, it doesn't work across layers; in the file attached, the cube on the ground floor (highlighted orange) is in hidden line mode, but it doesn't conceal any of the lines of the ceiling (in 1st floor layer). And the windows don't work either (all are solids, to answer that question).

Not quite as straightforward as I thought, this thing...