Window Orientation on Window Schedule?

I'm making my first foray into Vectorworks worksheets and custom formulas. I would like my window schedule to tell me the orientation of each window (North, South, East, West) so that I can calculate the total area of glazing on each facade. Any suggestions as to how I can make this work?

Guest Wes Gardner

There's also a field called Location in the Data pane of the Window Settings dialog box - this can then be used in a column in your window schedule.

=('Window'.'Location')

• 13 years later...
On 7/19/2010 at 9:23 AM, Guest Wes Gardner said:

There's also a field called Location in the Data pane of the Window Settings dialog box - this can then be used in a column in your window schedule.

=('Window'.'Location')

Dare I bring up a comment from 13 years ago? I would like my window schedule to show the orientation of each window for energy calculation purposes. It seems that Vectorworks would know the exact angle the window faces, but how would I extract that information?

I found the field called 'Location' under the 'Data' category in the Window Settings pane, but I don't see how or where to either input location information, or see what data it uses? Would 'Location' include the orientation of the object?

%22Location'.pdf