is any sort of "conditional formatting" possible?

Hi,

I'd really like to do some conditional formatting to make my more complicated light plots more clear. For example, maybe a "B" in the "UserField4" field could shade the unit blue, and a "R" in the same field could shade it red.

Is there any way to do this sort of thing?

One idea I had was to use a number if different label legend field containers, IE have a big blue dot, and a big red dot. Then make a field that is in back of the instrument, then assign the container to that field, then the big blue dot would be under the instrument but hang out the sides. Is it possible to assign container based on field contents?

Because it's necessary to have a <,>,^, (and more) label legends, it's pretty lame to have to have a full set of label legends for each show in the rep. -- though I suppose it's better than having a whole different set of instrument symbols for each show in the rep.

Anyone have any ideas for setting graphic attributes based on data in the instrument?

Thanks for your thoughts,

-Aaron

Edited by ajsvw
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi aaron;

you raise many good points and ideas. offhand, i **think** you would be stuck with two separate label legends. one for red dot, one for blue. and yes, i **think** you could make whatever polygon you wanted to be the container, as long as you placed it in the container RB folder.

but i can't think of an alternate to two separate label legends in order to change the two colors. and i **think** you would need to have two different fields in order to have the two different colors. even considering classes still seems to imply two different legends.

as for changing between the legends, though, just create the two legends with a different letter at the end of it [either "B" or "R", for example.] then, when you need to change the instrument's identity, scroll to the bottom of the OIP and change the final letter in the legend data box, and the color would change. bada-boom.

hth,

shelley