Cannot place Handles on Cabinet PIO

I have searched the VW Forum, read the VW help file, looked at the Modern Home Prototype BIM sample and I cannot figure out how to place handles on the Cabinet PIO in VW2010.

I imported a cabinet pull symbol from the Library/Defaults/Cabinet - Handles/Cabinet Handles.vwx file into my active document and after selecting the Cabinet PIO, I click on the 'Handles' button on the OIP and all I get is an error message saying 'No symbols were found in the active document'.

I have tried this both on a clean VW2010 file and NNA's Modern Home Prototype BIM sample with the same error.

What am I doing wrong? It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tim

Wes-

I opened the file you sent, and all I am able to do is change the height of the pulls. If I click on the cabinet PIO you included and then click on either 'Door Handles...' or 'Cabinet Handles...' I get the error message I noted above.

I placed a new cabinet PIO in your file, and it places it with a handle pull on the door but not on the drawers- and I get the same errors if I try to modify it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Tim

Ray: I have not renamed or moved the cabinet pull files from where they were placed by the VW installer- /Applications/Vectorworks 2010/Libraries/Defaults/Cabinet - Handles/Cabinet Pulls.vwx

Wes: I have a feeling that somehow my VW installation is broken since that file you sent me does not work the way you say it does on your end. I'll send a sample file to Tech Support when I get a chance.

Thanks all for your help.

Tim

Ray-

I ran Disk Utilities and repaired permissions and I still had the problem. I switched back to the default Architect workspace and that didn't fix it.

But when I logged in as a different user the cabinet handles worked just as they should, so somehow my VW user profile became corrupted.

I was going to ask how to fix a corrupt profile but I removed a few 3rd-party plug-ins from my User folder and the problem seems to have been fixed. I don't know how or what I did, but everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tim

PS. I don't think this was part of my problem but in my tracking down the issue I saw that 65 of the originally-installed plug-ins in the VW application folder have the year of their creation/modification date listed as 1970. Strange...