Import 8.5 files to 2010 ?

Alora

Ray,

Thanks for your offer. I won't be transferring all of my files - just the ones which are still active or the ones I want for reference. I was told by my dealer that I could import 8.5 directly to 2010 so I will contact them now, although I find I generally get a quicker response at this site!

Alora

Be sure to purge and update a couple of times at least!

There are some classes, etc. (like NonPlot) which require purge, tools,utilities,update plug-ins, as well as reset plug-ins.....and do that a few times, then purge again.

This is how I've fixed some corrupted files which came from previous versions.

I too recently upgraded from 8.5 to 2010 Mac VW and needed to update some active jobs. This is how I did it:

1. Saved files for update on thumb drive and plugged into new computer.

2. Opened drive and selected file to be updated - right click and selected VW2010 from pop-up "Open With" menu.

3. VW2010 launched the 8.5 file, then saved it as 2010 file.

Note: Just clicking on the 8.5 file will not launch 2010 for some reason.

You may also try opening VW2010, selecting "new" in the file menu, navigating to the desired 8.5 file, then "open" to launch the file. Either way it is a tedious chore if there are many files to upgrade.

Good Luck.

Pat,

Yes it would but when I have done this in the past I needed to be able to work on the file. My VWA 8.5 was highly customized over the years and some things were easier done with it, plus the plotter and OS 9.2.2. I don't plan on having to do this again as new plotter is on the way and everything else has been upgraded.

Fred,

I found out from my distributor that I needed to save the VW8.5 file as an MCD. Then I was able to use my memory key , which I am assuming is the same as a thumb drive, to transfer to my new MacPro. I followed your steps and it worked like a charm! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was slow to update VW 8.5.

Alora