Smaller size pillow blocks.

Greetings,

I seem to be missing the smaller size pillow blocks, I am using VW 2009 Designer SP5 on Win7. The 2 and 4 hole flange bearings start at 1/2" diameter shaft size, but the smallest pillow block stars at 1 7/16". I am also missing the Metric sizes of mounted bearings. I know that custom sizes can be entered, but with all that effort I might as well start from scratch.

It seems that I am always starting a project, and when searching for a common part that should be included and easy to find, I will be informed that those parts will be included in the next release.

Thanks, Larry

Thanks AndiACD,

I would really like to add to the "Wish List", but I'm not about to "wish" for something that is available for free from

http://www.mcmaster.com/#mounted-bearings/=7yonel

They offer 3D as well as 2D files for many of the products they sell.

I'm sure that it was just a clerical oversight, and that a correction will be offered for VW 2009 and VW 2010, at least I wish there will be a correction.

Thanks, Larry

To download the models and drawings, select a pillow block,and then on the left under the selected product.

Edited by Larry B.

That's a useful website, thanks Larry.

IGUS is another company supplying a large range of polymer products from bearings and rod ends to linear slides with 2D & 3D drawings all for free.

Not suitable for all applications due to their material but none the less really handy.

Real eye opener, Thanx for the info. Nice to know it's out there somewhere.

Wouldn't hurt to have it built into VW all the same. Perhaps we could start a thread under MD to list all the sites/manufacturers that offer models like these with info on what's available.

I actually enjoy creating parts from scratch, but to be honest things like UJ's/Drive Shafts/Props/Discs/Calipers etc. etc. Would make things much easier.

• 5 months later...