Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

SDK Trouble

Guest Mark Flamer

I have some tools I want to develop for VW. I have explored VS and am impressed with how simple the language is. Most of my programming experience is using C# and .net. I am considering using c++ and the SDK to develop my plugins. The switch from C# to C++ doesn't look too bad. Just have to get the hang of these header files, prototypes and pointers and I'll be in business. To get started I have installed VisualStudio C++ express 2005 but cannot get the sample file "Sample Object" to build. Does anyone have any idea why? I can provide more system info if necessary. Thanks. I just don't want to spend too much time in Vector Script only to find my self limited later.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mark Flamer

Still stuck on getting started with the SDK. I have tried to open the sample solutions on a few machines running different versions of windows and Visual Studio. I get the same error each time.

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Flamer\Desktop\SDKVW1500(112122).Win\SDKVW1500(112120)\Source\Sample\SampleTool\SampleTool.vcproj

Line: 24

Column: 4

Error Message:

Property sheet file '..\..\..\..\Source\SDKLib\Include\OnlyWin\NNA_GlobalBuild.vsprops' was not found or failed to load.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Flamer\Desktop\SDKVW1500(112122).Win\SDKVW1500(112120)\Source\Sample\SampleTool\SampleTool.vcproj' has failed to load.

I'm not sure if this is a silly error on my part not being fully familiar with C++, or something else. I would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm confident that if someone could just point me in the right direction I could get productive pretty quick. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Mark, are you still fighting with this?

Anyway, open the cproj file as text file and change the path to NNA_GlobalBuild.vsprops, the correct one is:

..\..\..\SDKLib\Include\OnlyWin\NNA_GlobalBuild.vsprops

Regards,

Vlado