'Jumpy' Screen

Guest AloraG

I've just graduated from VW 8.5 (on a G3) to VW 2010 (on a Power Mac)

so I feel like a beginner again! I am working my way through the free tutorials and find my screen zooms in/out, up/down and sideways every time I move the cursor across it - VW 8.5 didn't do this. How can I stabilize the screen so I can focus on an object?

What mouse are you using?? If it is new Magic Mouse I have had a lot of unintentional zooming/panning with one. Seems to be better now as I am getting more used to the ultra-sensitive touchiness of the mouse. To test to see if this might be your problem, switch to an older (mighty mouse, or even older) mouse and see if the problem still persists...

Guest AloraG

I was using the mouse that came with my new Mac which features a scroll button -

just switched to an older mouse and the VW screen is stable now. Thanks so much!

Guest AloraG

I've discovered that even the old mouse makes my screen 'jumpy' if I hold my index finger on top of the button ( without depressing). It's hard not to because it's right in the middle of the mouse 'head' !

It turns out I do have a Magic Mouse ( I had to check the box it came it because

it looks the same as my previous mouse ). I've since installed the software, slowed down the 'tracking', 'checking' and 'scrolling' functions and stopped using the scroll button for everything so it's now behaving itself! Thanks for the suggestions.