x/y worksheet coordinates for lighting symbols

Is there a way to manipulate the x/y coordinates of a lighting symbol via worksheet?

For Example- I would like to have X/Y Symbol insertion Coordinates Columns on my instrument schedule worksheet and be able to quickly adjust light placement in the spreadsheet mode and have it update the drawing-

Does anyone have info on how to do this?

There is currently no way that I know to list the insertion point coordinates in a worksheet.

You can use the x/ycenter functions to get position info. Two things to note:

- These are the geometric center coordinates of the lighting device, not the insertion point (which is usually the hanging point of the light). It's as though you drew a rectangle around the object and found the center of that. Depending on the symbol geometry, the actual insertion point can be close to the center or it can be way off.

- x/ycenter is a function, which is basicaly a bit of read-only math. Only object parameters can be edited from the worksheet, that is fields in Object Info that appear below the rotation field.

The only way to either see or edit the x,y insertion of a lighting device is through a script. You may want to look at Sam Jones' Autoplot. He may have already engineered what you're looking for.

HTH,

Josh