Plotting Easting & Northing Co-ordinates

Hi

can anyone help. i need to be able to plot points in VW using easting & northing UTM co-ordinates. i have a script that will give me the easting and northing of a point already plotted, but obviously this does not match the X & Y figures in the OIP.

cant for the life of me figure out how to do this, surely it must be possible, am i being stupid or is it a bit harder than i think.

Are the easting and northing planar or radial(degrees) coordinates?

If planar coordinates, they should be equivalent to the x (=Easting) and y (=Northing). If the points do not match, they may need to be rotated.

If radial, you would need to translate the latitude and longitude (degree coordinates) to plane coordinates based on local criteria. This is typically done by GIS software. If you have the shape (.shp) and the projection (.prj) file for the points, you can import the shape file into VW and it will convert the points to plane coordinates.

islandmon, you have lost me on that one,

i have a 6 figure grid reference ie. E710546 & N530219

all i want to do is find some way to be able to punch these numbers in and a point be plotted, currently i cant do this by putting those numbers into X & Y in the OIP as they appear in the wrong place, i know this is the case as i have a georeferenced map in the file and they appear nowhere near it.

maybe this just isnt possible