Ability to adjust multiple layer Zs at once

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Question

For my architectural models, I tend to reference my DTM to sea level, so that the individual layer Z values reflect their appropriate elevations. However, part of the design process is siting the building properly, which often involves adjusting the building's height relative to the site until the desired cut/fill balance and other design parameters are achieved.

Currently the only way to do this is to adjust each layer's Z individually ? attempting to adjust several at once will set them all to the same Z value. It would be very useful if I could select several design layers and add or subtract a specific value from their respective Z values all at once. This would save work and reduce the chance of entry errors...

2 answers to this question

There is no way to do this presently, however, did you know that you can do math in the Z fields?? In other words, you can type "-4' " after each layer's Z value and the program will then subtract 4 feet from the number. I know this isn't the exact answer you wanted, but it might save a bit of time. Additionally, I have a feeling a good script writer could write a small bit of code that might allow a similar adjustment en masse. HTH's...