Sign in to follow this  
Troy Haas

have DL

Question

I have DL & installed Vectorworks and it opened fine the first time, now it says that "XML library failed to load, reinstall. I have and I still get the error mnessage.

Thanks

12 answers to this question

What do you mean "I have DL"? What version of Vectorworks? What is your OS?

I downloaded 2009. I run a mac OS X 10.5.8

I have downloaded it twice and un-installed and re-installed multiple times. I still get the error message

Thanks for any help you can give me

Please create a signature with your version of Vectorworks and computer specs including OS. Click on the My Stuff link at the top, Edit Profile. This will help us help you.

Try running disk utilities and repair permissions.

If that doesn't work you will need to call tech support.

Strange you have downloaded VW2009. I am certain the Educational program is currently shipping VW2010.

You should probably contact:

If still have questions, you can reach a trained educational representative at 877-202-3952 or you can e-mail us at StudentServices@Vectorworks.net

Guest jkelly

Have you also applied the latest update to your install? For 2009 you should have SP5.

Pat, why the suspicion? I am just trying to get the software to work so I can learn.

I downloaded 2009 because I did not know which one we would be using in class this fall and it said I could upgrade, but not go back to an earlier version.

Now I can't even get 2010 to come up.

Yes I have applied the latest patch, Thank you.

I will email tech support since nothing else is working, Thanks all.

That error occurs if you move the application out of the Vectorworks 2010 folder, normally users will attempt to put this on the desktop. Is it located anywhere OTHER than the Vectorworks 2010 folder? If so, place it back in that location and attempt to run it.