No Printing from Sheet Layer

bhorowitz

Question

Very recently I have lost the ability to plot from a Sheet layer with one viewport. My plotter does it's thing, but outputs a blank sheet of paper. Same is true if I try to print to a laser printer. If I print from design layers, all is OK.

This happens on multiple drawings, again only from sheet layers. I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening, but it may have been around the same time I updated to OS 10.6.4. I've tried turning on and off Quartz imaging, etc. with no other results.

The sheet layers are fairly simple theatrical floorplans, although they do contain 3D geometry.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro

2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB Ram

HP LaserJet 6MP

HP 650C Plotter

Thanks

1 answer to this question

So, I have found a solution to this problem, but don't really understand why the solution works.

One of the layers present in my Sheet Layer viewport had some objects that were outside the actual print area. I narrowed the issue down to this layer.

Once I cropped the viewport to the actual printing area, all is OK. Everything prints properly. Before I cropped this viewport, the sheet layer would not print at all, even as a 'print to pdf'. Exporting to pdf worked fine however.

A bit mind boggling.