Site Modeling & Contours

wjpeel

I have been using vectorworks for a couple of years, mainly using it for 2D plans & elevations. I am currently delving into 3D modeling and I am attempting to create a site model. I've got a site survey, and have turned the contours (poly lines) into 3D poly lines with the correct contour distance.

However, the drawing is looking very 'flat' and I would like to emphasize the contour heights a great deal more. Does anyone have any bright ideas to do this?! If anyone has any tips for using the site modeling tool too, please let me know!

Rossford could be correct. I would go back and select each of the 3d poly's and check it's "Z" value in the OIP. Make sure they are each at the desired height in relation to each other. If they need adjustment it is easy. First, delete the Site Model, then, simply change their value(s) in the OIP. When the values are correct, select all the 3d poly's and run the Create Site Model command again. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...