Quadro FX 3800 settings?

Christien

Question

Just got a HP Elitebook8740 MW with a Quadro FX 3800, 8M RAM, I7 Quad core, and VW 2010.

While drawing,... seating symbols really seem to bog down a somewhat speedy final render... is there a specific way I should be configuring the FX3800? Or am I doing something wrong withing "seating class"... It has even stalled Open GL.

I am a new Forum Member but I have been a VW user since V11. This is my first Mobile Workstation and any help will be appreciated in tweeking it towards VW's needs.

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the Board!

OpenGL is the only rendering mode that uses the video card, everything else uses the processor. Have you updated VW to the latest Service Pack? For OpenGL, you may want to make sure you have the latest video drivers.

For this and future discussions it would really help to put your version (including updates) and computer info in a signature, that way it is on every post and people don't have to search for it. Click on the My Stuff link, Edit Profile.

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the info. The 3800 was configured for multiple screens, it is screeming now! FInal render on a 400mb file is around 5-6 seconds and Open GL is instantanious with maximum GL settings. I also had a corrupted seating layout that was a symbol within a group within a group... no wonder it was bogging down. Never trust someone elses drawing ability in 3D. or their class and design layer layout.