Layer Management

I use up to 240 layers in my drawings and have encountered several issues when managing a large number of layers:

To select a layer, I choose one from the layer pop-up list. In VW8(Windows) and all previous versions, if the list was taller than the screen, the list would have additional columns so that all layers were visible at once and any layer could be immediately selected.

In VW9, the list is only one column wide and scrolls if the list is taller than the page.

It takes 49 seconds (I timed it) to scroll through my layer list which is clearly a problem. Also, it is much more difficult to locate a particular layer because only a few are visible at a time. Can this functionality be returned to the previous versions?

Inside the Layers Setup dialogue box, the up and down arrows take forever to move layers in very long stacks and to insert new layers.

Could cut and paste commands be used to move layers the way they are with spreadsheets? You would: 1: Select a layer to be moved. 2: Cut it. 3: Scroll through the layer list and select a destination layer. 4: Click paste, and your original layer would be inserted above the destination layer.