zoom out on 2010

no scroll mouse yet but need to zoom out farther than page fit ..and I am having a fit :)

wth is snap loupe? how do I just plain zoom out.. I miss the tool on the bottom of the page with the little mag glass with the minus in it...(VW12)

- VW dum-dum on a deadline

Magnifying glass is in the Basic Tool palette now. The hot key is just plain c. Press option to to toggle in/out.

Also, up in the mid top of the menu bar find 3 zoom icons (fit to page, fit to all objects/selection and zoom by clicking) and a drop down with zoom percentages.

HTH

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Michelle,

Seriously consider getting a mouse with a scroll wheel. If you can borrow one for a minute and try scroll wheel zooming, you'll probably place an order another minute later. It's SO much faster and can be done during drawing operations as well.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Michelle,

Option-clicking with the Zoom In tool should zoom out.

Actually, You can have it the way you're used to by adding the zoom out tool back in your workspace using the workspace editor. NNA took it out (to simplify the interface) but it's still available to add back to your workspace.