Changing focal point for event seating

Hello all,

Here is my problem. When I create event seating using the Event Planning>Create Event Seating command, the program randomly generates the focal point. The only way I know how to adjust to the proper point is by using the OIP. There are 2 different focal point positions available to input a number but I cant figure out what number to input to get the correct focus.

Can anyone explain the best way to assign the proper focal point?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The focal point is placed based on the placement of other objects in the event planning menu. If none of these objects are available the focal point is placed near the center of the seating layout.

The focal point is a control point (small blue square) in the document and can be selected and moved. The x,y location of the focal point is not available in the OIP. The x,y control in the OIP controls the shape of the seating layout.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Make sure the 2D selection cursor is active and in the mode bar the second mode is activated (Single object interactive scaling mode). Now select only the seating layout and fit to objects (if the control point is off screen it will zoom out so you can see it).

If you still don't see it try resetting the Interactive Appearance Settings in the Vectorworks Preferences \ Interactive tab. The settings may have been changed so that the control point is not showing in the standard color.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BillV

The responses to this are helpful as I have found the same problem. However, the seating tool in Architect allows you to enter the focal point. Would it not be logical to have this same (much easier) feature in Event Planning as well?