Problem with snapping a line to poly

Attached is a jpg which is really a zip file so I could upload it here - download it and change file extension from jpeg to zip - in it is a vwx file and a little avi movie file

On my Windows 7 laptop when downloaded it automatically becomes a zip file again

I think it is self explanatory ? problem is it only happens consistently on my Windows 7 64 bit desktop machine ? not my 32 bit laptop

Very odd. I assume you have Nearest Point on Edge checked in SmartCursor settings. Do you have snap to grid enabled? If so, what happens when you turn it off?

A long shot, but try updating your video drivers. You may also try switching to a new user and see if it happens there.

Thanks Ray

Yes to all - snap to grid not on

Although I updated my graphics card driver just on 4th June - checked and a later version was available so I updated it again - no change

If I offset the poly even still happens then

Does not happen on my 32 bit laptop though

I will bug submit it

I take it that it does not happen on your system

Support over here on a Mac did not happen either

It has happened before on much bigger files but I did not take much notice

This is just a single residence landscape design

I did ungroup a couple of Pdfs in the file but the poly was just copied alone to a new file

Have bug submitted it

Will watch out for it in the future - all we can do

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

I have explored this further and bug submitted it again but it is a little different this time

Wondering if someone else on 64 bit Windows 7 is experiencing the same problem

My system is

Windows 7 64 bit VW 2010LMRW

Intel i7 Quad Core 2.66 ghz 6GB Memory

NVidia Ge Force 9800 GT

Movie and file attached as a jpg which is really a zip file so I could upload it here ?

Download it and change file extension from jpeg to zip - in it is a vwx file and a little avi movie file

When trying to connect a line to the top polyline if you attach to midpoint or arc end or whatever all may be ok but if connecting somewhere other than a ?snap point? the end of the line disappears maybe to the left or right

I know NNA generally does not get back to people with bug submits

My problem is as this puter is my main daily drawing machine ? to solve the problem if anyone else can see it should I roll it back to 32 Bit?

thanks for your help

• 1 year later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This issue was fixed in Vectorworks 2011 and better tuned in Vectorworks 2012. The issue would happen when the, "Snap to Tangent" option was turned on in the Snapping Palette. I suspect the, "Snap to Tangent" was turned on within the Windows 7 64 bit computer but not your other Windows 32 bit computer.