Drawing Schedule / List

Hi -

Am using VW2010 with Spotlight and Renderworks.

I have a drawing with approx 20 Sheet layers - some with several viewports.

Is there a way of automatically creating a list of drawing sheets with their latest revision numbers etc ? A drawing schedule I would call it but not sure if that's the proper name.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew

There is in Architect, but I don't think it's in any other module. It uses data from the title block to generate a report.

That's one of those Architect only features that I wish was in Spotlight.

If you use title blocks you could probably make your own report. I just use a worksheet.

Many thanks Michael

Am hoping I can do this without Architect - so will investigate Speadsheetz / reports.

Should be quite a simple thing really - just want a list of all drawings along with

- title

- latest revision letter & description if possible

- date

I have all this information in the title block so may be able to reference it somehow.

Best wishes

Andrew

Andrew

Here's a simple drawing list.

I'm not sure how to get the revision data. There is no record format for the revision data. The title block PIO has settings for the existence and position of the revision block, but no revision data.

I'm sure someone will know how to find it.

hth

michaelk

The revision data is in a really had to work with format. Instead of being able to attach multiple records to the object, there is one record with multiple fields numberd sequnetially. I think it goes up to 20, but it has been a while since I worked with it.

Generally, the format makes it really hard, nearly impossible, to do anything useful with the revision data in a worksheet.

I can't find the revision data tonight either. The last time I really took a close look at this was either VW2008 or maybe even 12.5.

At that time there was a hidden record attached to the drawing border object with fields like Rev_1, Rev_2, Descrip_1, Descrip_2, etc. I think they went up to 50, but I am not sure.

Made it very hard to work with as there is little in VS or Worksheets to allow the munging/combining of different fields with similar names.

In VW2010, I can't find the revision record at all. It must be there somewhere, but I am not seeing it.

Ok, I just found it. The record format does not exist and is not attached until you actually put revision data in.

Take a document with a sheet border and title block and enter some revision data.

Take the Magic Script and change the second line after the initial begin with:

H2:=GetRecord(H1,1);

It should have been something like H2:=GetRecord(H1,NumRecords(H1));

Run the script. You should get a worksheet showing all of the revision data record fields. Dashes instead of underscores. 4 field types duplicated 50 times for a total of 200 fields.

Pretty useless data format for trying to do anything.

• 8 months later...

Now we're at it, can someone please explain what the function is of Issue Data. I'm used to the Dutch and Swedish ways and am not sure what the equivalent is. We have Sheet dates/data and Revision dates/data but why the Issue dates/data?

I mean having both sheet dates and issue dates, doesn't that just confuse things?

Edited by Vincent C
  • 7 years later...

hi there,

i know, its a long time...

but I m interested in this magic scirpt too;)

I try to make a Plan-Issue list.

Is it possible to link text to the record format of 'drawing sheet - general' __last issue` ??

I tried it, but it seems, that there is no access to the drawing sheet - general plugin