Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

CreateExtrudeAlongPath

The result of this function, inside a PIO creates and 'exploded' bunch of nurb surfaces.

Using the menu extrude along a path creates a solid extrude.

Major difference.

Who knows how to make an exturde along a path that remains and extrude thus allowing further add / subtract functions to happen?.

Edited by Assembly
  • 1 month later...
Guest Mark Flamer

I am also trying to create a path PIO that is then modified internaly using Add & Subtract solids. I have tried

MyEAPHandle := CreateCustomObjectPath('Extrude Along Path',MyPathH,MyProfileH);

as suggested above. I still cannot get a subtraction to work. Any other Ideas? Thanks.

Guest Mark Flamer

I will make my question more straight forward. Does anyone know of any way to get a solid out of an extrude along path that could be further manipulated with Boolean operations? This seems like it would be a pretty common request. Thanks alot.

Guest Mark Flamer

I've realized that the problem with using

MyEAPHandle := CreateCustomObjectPath('Extrude Along Path',MyPathH,MyProfileH);

and then trying to perform solid operations on it boils down to the fact that CreateCustomObjectPath creates a seperate PIO that is not actually created untill the original script is completed. And because the subobject needs to be re-created everytime the object is redrawn, its never available! Any insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.