Sheet borders

How do I get my custom border to show up in the document setup dialog as an sheet border option. I've gone through the help system.

I'm trying to set up a project template. I do 1 to 3 storey residential projects. I do my design in 3d then it is very important for me to quickly get the project to 2d working drawings. Any suggestions? Is there a standard template out there?

john

Put your custom border/titel block symbol in a file and save that to the following location:

Your User Pat:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2010:Libraries:Defaults:Sheet Border - Title Block

As long as you have Use Default Content selected in the VW Preferences, any VW files in the various folders will be search for appropriate content and shown.

You may have to restart VW after you put new files into the Defaults subfolders to get them to be recognized.

Let us know if this works or you have problems.

It didn't work.

Maybe vw doesn't recognize my border as a border(too old). My border does work with issue manager on my drawings that I bring in? Also I don?t seem to have this option "Use Default Content" selected in the VW Preferences"

I probably need to re create my border in 2010. Fresh start as they say. I'm finding that all my VW 11.5 PIO's(windows, doors, ect), schedules, and walls do not transition into VW2010 very well. Even when I update PIO. I'm pretty sure that VW never meant objects that old to be updated. (I spent 3 hours trying to get my windows to show trim... to no avail) I sound like such a newbe but I've been using this program for 7-8 years.

So I'm going to keep working on 11.5. New projects will go on 2010 when I can get a workable template.

It was called a title object and it was stored in a folder called Sheet Border Components and that is what was throwing me. Thanks guys. Border / title are now separate entities which is a change for me. I have now modified a duplicate of a arch title with my graphics and I'm off to the races.... Well still a few bugs

1. I can't turn off the wall lines in my doors for the life of me. I checked all the settings.

2. In the new 3d mode I can't get my shingles to show up on my roof. Plus gray scale seems to be random every time I go in and out of a saved view. I really don?t have the new 3d visualization concept down yet.

I'll just keep working at it.

John t