Unified view / Renderworks

Hello -

So another frustrating day with the unintuitive VW has just got off on the wrong foot again.

Couldn't work out why textures / decals (now that VW has stopped crashing because my decal textures were 1MB) were not rendering in Fast Renderworks mode. They were showing as white solids.

Turned off Unified View and hey presto. Another weird quirk of VW to add to the list.

Why is this ? Does anyone know ? Or am I doing something wrong ? What's another half an hour fiddling through the options between friends anyway.

Andrew

I don't see the same behaviour. Decals are rendering both in Fast & FQ Renderworks with and without Unified View.

It could be a memory issue.

Perhaps copy the object and paste into a new file to test whether you can duplicate the issue there.

hth

• 1 month later...

I'm now having a similar problem.

OGL Rendering is not working in Unified View - a wireframe becomes a white sheet- however

A single layer will successfully render with UV turned off and Active Layer Only mode selected,

also

if I copy & paste into a new file it works as expected. I suspect some sort of creeping memory bug that's file related. Could this be right? Is there a solution?