Newbie problem with pads

I'm evaluating VW2010 Architect. I've been trying to model a site with roads and pads. But I am struggling with pads. I can't get them to affect the site model.

I created a test model (attached) and I have the same problem there. I eventually ended up getting warnings about pads not inside boundaries.

Roads however works just fine.

I have set the terrain to display proposed only.

All objects in the test model are on the same class and layer.

All site modifiers applies to Proposed.

No Boundaries overlap.

When I use the Select Similar tool the only site modifiers selected are the ones I expect to be there. Doesn't appear to be any extra hidden ones.

So now I am stomped. I can't work out why the pads won't work. And I have a feeling it's something obvious - but I can't see it. I asked someone in the office that has used VW for a while, but he couldn't spot it either.

(p.s. why can't one upload zipped models? much smaller filesizes.)

Excellent!

Ok - now for another questions: why?

I've been looking in the help file but I can't find description or reference to why pads should be in screen plane. Even the Creating a Pad topic doesn't mention that.

(btw, Jonathan - I've been watching some of your videos - great stuff. They where recommended by someone else at the office. Funny that you should be the first one to reply.)