worksheet and dimensions update

I think you have to be very careful what you associate the dimensions to.

If you associate the dimensions to the wall opening, the dimension does update when you change the window size. If you associate the dimension to any part of the window itself, it does not update and actually loses the association when you change the window size.

I think this is due to the fact that PIOs (like Doors and Windows) actually delete everything and redraw when the regenerate (like when you change a size). Therefore the object the dimension is associated to no longer exists.

Hi Pat,

I thought that might be the issue. So i tried using the automated "dimension exterior walls" command, with specifying the dimension to edge of openings (and not center).

The dimensions get the green highlight, as associated to the openings.

When i change the window manually - it changes the dimensions correctly.

When i change them through the worksheet - it seems like the window grows/shrinks, the dimension line still shows the green association, but doesn't change the parameters.

And another window schedule question:

I want to add an opening to an existing file. But all the openings are already sequenced. If i put a new opening i need to shift all the others.....

Is there a quick way doing it? or manually? or through the worksheet?

I am seeing the problem also. It appears to be a bug. Please go to the Bug Submit link at the top right of the page and report this.

You should be able to use the worksheet to resequence.

Make a worksheet that shows the openings and the sequence numbers. Sort it by the sequence number. Select the cell from one below where you want the new number to be to the bottom of the list. Copy. Now select from the cell where you want the new item to be (one below where you started above) down to one before the bottom of the list. This needs to have the same number of cells as you copied. Now Paste. You should end up with all of the numbers moving up and the last number being duplicated. Manually change the number of the last opening.

Now insert the new opening and give it the correct number.

It is actually easier to do this than to explain. I recommend you create a small demo file with maybe 5 to 10 openings to play with and see how it works.

Once you figure it out, it should take less than a minute to insert a new opening.