How do I share a project and include design layer viewport reference files?

I read the help files and searched the forums, but I've had little luck with this topic.

How do I email a coworker a project file to include my design layer viewport reference files? Do I send all the files together or can VW do that automatically in a package of some sort?

If I'm to send the files, will my coworker need to recreate the reference links since the file locations will be different from the original setup?

I have not tried this but logically it should work

I think you send him the one folder - if that is how you have it set up that relate to that project

Try sending it to yourself saving it to a different location - say your desktop and opening it there

When you set up the referenced files you have a choice of what? Absolute or Relative - sorry I do not have VW open - if it does not work play with them

If it is a big file look at a service like You Send It

another way to do this is to use dropbox. dropbox is anonline storage facility that allows you to share a folder with a colleague. this would allow you to store your files online, and have your coworker create a Workgroup Reference to the online files. when you update the online file, your coworker just has to update the reference.

http://archoncad.blogspot.com/2009/07/share-files-on-line.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the tip. I love Dropbox. Here's my new challenge. I'm using 2010 and my associate is using 2008. It seems there is no easy way to export the main project file to 2008 and have the referenced linked files automatically export out as well. Or is there? The batch convert dialog seems to only work the other direction.