Unwanted additional line around windows in elevation

I am having a problem with windows in elevation. When I zoom in close to any edge of the opening I can see two lines where there should be one. They are exactly 0.254mm apart, which I think is 0.01". If I switch on either the inside or the outside trim the additional lines disappear, unless I set the dimensions of the trim to 0, in which case the rogue lines come back.

Has anyone else encountered this and have any idea how to stop it? I definitely don't want any trims showing.

Also, and this may be related, when I add a sill a border the same depth as the sill is added all round the window. The border doesn't appear on the plan but does in elevation. This is simply constructionally incorrect and I have no idea why it is happening.

I am attaching a file which shows what I mean. You'll have to zoom in to the left hand window to see the extra border.

I'm using VW 2009.

Thanks.

I only have VW 2008 and so can't open your file, but it sounds like the kind of thing that is the reason why, after schematic design, I tend to model my doors & windows from scratch. Tedious, but it makes for complete control over the results... AND, if you want to do something completely crazy like have a 6 over 9 window, you can do it (though maybe 2009/2010 have more capabilities in that regard...).