Sign in to follow this  
Yancka

Worksheet cell default formatting

Is there a way to set default cell formatting conditions?

An example of difficulties regarding this. I apply to all cells font Arial Bold, Size 12, Aligned center (both - horizontally and vertically). Then I create new rows or columns and their formatting is what I consider default default formatting - Geneva font, Size 10, Aligned H: General, V: Bottom. Then I have to select new cells/rows/columns and format them again in order to have desired formatting for entire table.

Edited by Yancka

No way that I know of.

Thanks for the answer, Pat!

May be somewhere out there are some scripts allowing to create worksheet with desired formatting or format already created worksheet?

May be VA schedules would be the way?

You can certainly write a script to format cells. But even using scripts, I don't think there is a way to get inserted rows/columns/cells to take on the formatting of their surrounding cells.

Actually there probably is, but you would have to read that data from the surrounding cells and then assign that to the new cells.

Doable, but probably about 10 hours of scripting time. Not worth it to me for the infrequent times I want to do this.