Screen Plane vs Active Layer Plane?

I have a small house addition model that I can not get to show up in Active Layer Plane when I use Open GL.

Most of the model is greyed out, except for a wall or two. All Design Layers are set to visible. Layer Option is set to Show /Snap Others. Also I cannot rotate the model without jerky-ness and the whole thing disappearing at times.

I assume it has to do w/ "the Screen Plane", it won't allow me to switch back to Active.... unless I go back to Top/Plan view.

Other house models work just fine in other files.

I guess there is something simple I'm missing. Any thoughts?

A couple of ideas to try:

Is View>Class Options>View Snap Modify Others enabled?

2d objects have the flexibility of residing on either the Active Layer Plane or the Screen Plane. 3d objects however live in 3d space often with a Bottom Z value defining their elevation above zero.

Are your Design Layers at the same scale?

Have you enabled Stack Layers?

Jerkiness sounds like your computer is working too hard -if the above doesn't help try reducing the quality via the View>Rendering>Open GL Options settings to see if this helps (& or disconnecting your 2nd screen as an experiment - or try after restarting VW)

It would be helpful if you could post a picture or a file. As BCD suggests, it's unlikely the problem is connected to active or screen plane issues, but it is a bit hard to identify possibilities in the absence of more info.

Dan J.

ps: incidentally, in Architect2010 Stacked Layers have morphed into Unified View, and as BCD suggests, this may well be a clue.

Edited by Danielj1