Railings in Elevations with Hatches

I am doing my elevations (Hidden Line) in Viewports and putting on a siding hatch. (Which I wish it did based on the wall having exterior siding, but that is another issue.) When I send the hatch to the back so it isn't covering up windows etc. it still shows through the railings. Do I have to individually outline all of the uprights and rails and then send them to the back as I do openings in order to have siding on my buildings? There has to be a better alternative because it is definitely faster to do this by hand. Should I be doing my elevations in something different than hidden line?

Design presentations are so good but construction drawings seem to take forever!!!!

Thanks Peter

I am totally self taught (absolutely no CAD experience before VW12) and this wasn't something I picked up in the learning manuals. Being one of the hand drafting dinosaurs it has been a steep learning curve but the forum and Jon Pickup have been terrific resources. I do use 3D design presentations so this sounds really good. What would be the best search words for these posts?