Solar animation frames counter

Hi,

I have a few solar animations to put together for a client and would like - like I used to be able to on earlier versions - to put in a frame counter illustrating the time of day as the sun sweeps through.

I'm on VWA08+RW, but when I am asked to click in the centre of the screen to place my counter (second pop-up window in the solar animation routine) an error message appears, warning me that this tool (text tool I presume) cannot be used in stacked layers mode... Any way around this? I tried to interpose a new layer and set it to top/plan, but I need the stack layer for the perspective.

Thanks

manfredi

bcd whilst Stack Layers was in Architect 12.5 the option to show 2D objects didn't exist.

From the Help:

In a stacked view, VectorWorks aligns all visible design layers in the drawing file with the active layer, and displays them using the active layer?s scale and render mode. The active layer is on the ground plane; other layers are above or below depending on their Layer Z relationship to the active layer. 2D objects are hidden unless the drawing is in Top/Plan view, and most 2D tools are not available in a non-Top/Plan view in stacked layers mode.