Redline reports not working

I have redlines generated in viewports. When I do a redline report, it shows nothing. Has anyone had any luck with this? It's necessary because sometimes I have to redline the annotations. When I look at the object properties, it shows the correct reference in "Layer" though it is grayed out. I can't get the layer value to show up in any worksheet or in the redline report.

Ah. I should have been more precise. When I generate a "Redline Status WS" from Text/Redlines, I get a worksheet with headings but no item.

When I generate a report from Tools/Reports/Create a Report, with the "Viewport Annotations" box checked, I do get a worksheet with all the redlines listed, but no information on the sheet layer upon which they occur. I added a column for layer, entered "=L" into the database row, and I get "None."

Unfortunately, that is just the way VW works (for now). The redlines that are part of the annotation have the Annotation Group of the Viewport Object as their parent object (the one they are contained in). The worksheet is not smart enough to look farther up the tree and find the eventual layer of the parent object.

The only work around I can think of would be a vectorscript that would attach a custom record to each redline object. It would then walk the tree back until it found the layer the viewport is on and store that data in the record. You could then use the data from that custom record instead of the =L to display the layer.

You would have to remember to run the script every time you add a redline (or at least before you work with the worksheet) to make sure the data is up to date. Same applies if you change the layer any of the viewports are on.

Agreed, in general. The information seems to be there for the redline object. That is, it shows up on the Info pane as the correct layer for that object. When I get a free moment, I will draft a simple example that could be used in a bug report. My clients usually put all the design work on one single design layer and then produce 200+ sheet layers out of it. It's best for me to put my markups on the annotations to the viewports that make up the sheets because the fonts and scale are correct then. I follow up with a redline object around those markups. Giving them a redline report that tells which of the 200+ sheets are marked up, would be a value added product. ;)

Thanks for your comment.