dash style scaling

You can scale dashes (and other things) if you use a Sheet Layer Viewport. Once the VP is created, select it and click on the Advanced Attributes tab in the Object Info Palette. Hope that helps.

The other option is to find and replace the dashed styles. Try using the Custom Selection or Custom Modification commands.

A third option would be to change the dash style definitions themselves. You can do this in Document Settings>Dash Styles.

I (personally) would seriously question why the drawing needs to be in 1:1. But that's off-topic...

Thanks Peter for helping.

I am aware of the methods you describe, they don't help though.

The real problem is that I need to export to dwg for AutoCad. When they open the file all lines look unstyled. If you zoom close enough you realize the dash styles are all scaled to 1:100. I thought that changing all layers to 1/1 before export would solve the problem.

In AC lines styles can be rescaled using ltscale commands(changed from 12.700 to 500) , but they don't want to do that every time the get a file from me. They want it right from the beginning, and I think that is a fair request.

I don't manage to get a grip on the problem.

When I change the layer scale from 1/100 to 1/1 the dash styles don't scale up. So there I have a problem regardless the dwg export.

Dash styles can be edited, but to a limited extent. A 100 times upscale is not possible. There should be an option to scale dash patterns just the way there is an option to scale text.

I also tried to copy/paste a line that looks ok in another 1/1 file - as a replacement, but it scales down too when pasted.

I sincerely appreciate all help I may get.

I just had both coffee and ice cream....still I doubt that is possible to do with a file of 35Mb, more than 100 viewports, 50 sheet layers, 25 saved views etc....As I said a complex drawing.

I will try though with a single layer... >>>>>>didn't work.

As I understand it vw lines are defined to match the printed drawing or the viewport if you want. The idea of "seeing what you get" is managed by using different scales in the design layers. In the viewport line-, hatch- etc scales can be adjusted somewhat.

In AC you always work in 1/1 in model space and the lines scale with the printout scale.

I'm not sure this is a correct description, but if so, it's the first time AC seems far better or at least easier to understand.

Probably a lot more line types are needed in AC, to match all different scales.

I don't know where this leaves me.....confused at least!