Windows 7 Install

acdeslx

Question

Has anybody had any difficulty installing VW 2009 Spotlight onto Windows 7-64bit?

Using the DVD, I tried but it errors out when it tries to write the log file to the DVD.

I copied the DVD to the HD then tried to install and it comes up with an error log with the line "ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd"

The disc (and HD install) works fine in XP.

Ideas?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Guest jkelly

Which Service Pack is the DVD? The easiest thing is to get your hands on an SP5 DVD, I believe it was the initial release DVD and perhaps SP1 that had a problem on some Windows 7 machines.

I don't have the SP5 DVD.

The message I'm now getting is

"The logfile 'G:\InstallVectorworks.exe.log" could not be opened: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'G:\\InstallVectorworks.exe.log'

This is now happening on Windows 7 and XP (had to re-install this weekend). Trying to "Run as Administratot" doesn't help.

This is on two different computers and two different drives. I've also tried copying the DVD to a folder on the HD and running it from there with the same error.

The G drive is the DVD drive so of course it can't create a logfile...

Any other ideas?

Guest jkelly

If it's not running on XP then try going into the 'resources' folder and running the vcredist executable to install DLs. As I don't know what DVD you have, I really can't say whether this will help or not, but it was discovered after the initial shipment of 2009 that some versions of windows ship with different DLLs by default than others.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend either telling me what service pack your DVD is (or if it's the initial release) or calling your distributor or NNA and asking for an SP5 DVD. Even if one has to be burned for you, you'll at least have the latest on DVD and shouldn't have to deal with any of those problems.

Arrghh... still no luck

The label on the DVD says Vectorworks 2009 Series A149

It still fails under XP Pro install (Version 2002 SP3)

Also fails under Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Both machines have their own drives...

The disk used to work fine (obviously).

Any other ideas or should I just called my distributor?

Thanks.