Can't add texture to door leaf

This could very well end up falling under the "doh" category but it's got me stumped. The problem is I cannot find a way to apply a separate texture to a door leaf.

I started with VW's standard door plug-in from which I made a symbol distributed throughout the plan. The door has a slab leaf with painted aluminum jamb + trim. I can apply class a defined texture to the jamb & trim via the View options under the Settings menu in the OIP (Style-1), however there is no "Leaf" selection in the drop down menu. I've tried applying the desired leaf texture (oak veneer) to the entire door symbol via the Render tab in the OIP but to no effect.

VW help was, to no surprise, useless.

Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Robert, in the door settings, under the View tab, use the pulldown to set the "Interior Panels" and "Exterior Panels" to one of the (oft-dreaded) Style Classes. Then, in the Class Setup assign a texture to the "Other" tab of the texture assignment dialog, and make sure the "use at Creation" is checked.... Not exactly a "doh" but not exactly intuitive either... Hope that helps!