Origin doesn't move to center of page

confused.gif" border="0 VW 9.0.1 Architect Windows 2000

It happened a couple times on 2 different files. I already have objects on my layers.

I set the origin to be on the center of the drawing (gray box, drawing area) with the menu command. It won’t do it; the origin 0,0 will be somewhere close to it but off, so that my references are not aligned. I’ve tried re-setting the origin switching every layer (different scales), but same result. I had to manually (bull-eying) reset it so to have the referenced title block to appear where I wanted.

Usually this doesn’t happen with new/empty files. Is it a bug or there is something I don’t know…. just when I thought I knew everything?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, it would help if it could be reproduced consistently.

Anyway, here is a trick, use the set origin command to set the origin to the center of the drawing. This will put the origin at the original 0,0. Now to move the page outline back to center is hard to do, but if you select the move page tool and then double click it (the tool in the pallet), it will center the page at the drawing center as well.

This should put you back to the same place as a new blank file and persevere any work you did.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Giovanni:
confused.gif" border="0
VW 9.0.1 Architect Windows 2000 It happened a couple times on 2 different files. I already have objects on my layers.I set the origin to be on the center of the drawing (gray box, drawing area) with the menu command. It won’t do it; the origin 0,0 will be somewhere close to it but off, so that my references are not aligned. I’ve tried re-setting the origin switching every layer (different scales), but same result. I had to manually (bull-eying) reset it so to have the referenced title block to appear where I wanted. Usually this doesn’t happen with new/empty files. Is it a bug or there is something I don’t know…. just when I thought I knew everything? Thanks.

Matthew is correct. The page is independent of the ruler origin starting with VW9. Both the page and the ruler origin are relative to the internal origin (called drawing center in the set origin dialog). To return the ruler origin to its original state, use the set to drawing center option. To return the page to its original position, double-click the move page tool.