Wall textures

I have been searching all over the forum for the answer but I feel that this may be such a stupidly basic question that I almost don't want to even ask it. Why can't I get wall textures to show up? I have fixtures, stage surface and curtains all showing up when I run a fast renderworks render but I never get anything with wall textures. The only time I can get the walls to become anything is when I change the fill to some solid color. Basically I have no idea what I am doing. I stumble my way around and can produce 2d plots but I have never had any luck spitting out a rendering. All I want is a brick wall to show up as such, at least to start anyway.

This is VW2008 spotlight w/renderworks and Windows XP on an older Dell Optiplex.

Not a stupid question at all. Wall textures are not as intuitive as other features of VW.

Select a wall or walls.

In the OIP go to the render tab.

In the Part pull down select left.

In the Texture pull down select a texture for the left side of the walls.

In the Part pull down select right

In the Texture pull down select a texture for the right side of the walls.

hth

Ok, I did that but the wall still end up wireframe. Do I need to have a fill color set on the walls? I assumed that it was either/or between fill and textures.

Would possibly the video card have anything to do with rendering other than speed? I do not have anything over the stock dell card so obviously my render times even in fast renderworks are painfully slow.

I will try to export the walls out to ESP Vision and see if that reads them at all. That is a whole different beast that I am trying to train at the same time.

In the Program folder there is a Library folder containing two sub-folders which have files containing textures in them:

- Textures

- Textures-Gobo

Textures are resources and are accessed through the Resource Browser. In Help there is whole section on Using Resources.

Other relevant Help sections are Creating and Mapping Textures and Rendering With Renderworks.

Some of the movies in the Online Video Library may also be useful.

http://www.nemetschek.net/library/index.php