Toggle wall placement

In version 8.5.2 when you start a wall you could toggle to set in appropriate place with the command button. What happened to this feature in version Architect 9.0? I was able to put most of my tools and quick keys back to use as I was using in VW 8.5.2 yet I am starting to get use to the new nudge feature. If any one can help I would appreciate it, thanks....

As far as I remember, the wall tool and the double line tool were the only tools that supported that feature. One thing we did with VectorWorks 9 was to restructure the way that tools work, so that they're much more consistant and so that you can do things like move palettes or use the pan and zoom tools right in the middle of drawing. The use of the command key for toggling the drawing mode in the wall and double line tools was, I think, a casualty of this standardization.

But never fear: you can use the mode groups shortcuts for the exact same functionality. In the standard workspace, the mode groups shortcuts are U, I, O, P, [, and ]. Each key corresponds to a button or group of buttons in the mode bar. To cycle through the first group of buttons in the wall tool's mode bar, then, you'd just press the U key. To activate the push button that's next to them, use the I key.

I hope that helps.